we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Monday, October 5, 2009

gypsywoman gypsywoman -

i see you here i see you there i see you everywhere
but who are you gypsywoman with sweet words and a pretty smile
your spirit tempts taunts but do i dare 

would you could you be the gentle breeze here today and gone tomorrow 
softly fluttering sooth my aching heart ease my hidden sorrow
*
a gentle breeze i am not i am the storm of storms a gale force wind
the temptest fierce the raging tsunami taking with it all defenses
sweeping away washing away the debris of yesterday - this life transcend

so do you want to know - to really know - the who and what of me
or would you rather just imagine me on the playground of what if
where your heart of stone is safe and sound from the likes of me this wild banshee

21 comments:

Stacey J. Warner said...

LOVE THIS photograph, I mean come on! SO SEXY!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, hey lady - listen go back and check out the poem i was working on when you came by earlier - i had the image already up and was still composing the poem so all you saw was the photo - but thanks for sweet note! ;) sexy, yeah? well, GREAT!!! ;)

Stacey J. Warner said...

so sexy...and I love the poem...You must read WOMEN WHO RUN WIH THE WOLVES...you will LOVE it! It is sooooooooo good. I read it years ago but I think I will read it again.

Thank you for your kindness. I had you in mind when I posted it.

much love!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, aren't you sweet! i think i'll head over to amazon and add just one more to my cart! :) it's overflowing now - need to check the thing out so i can get my books but i keep finding others every day and adding - anyway, love having you over so come again soon!

Keith said...

I love that photo. She's so amazing.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thanks keith - i do too [love the image] - don't remember where i found it but think it's gorgeous! thanks for coming over!

Laura Trevey said...

Thanks for visiting....
Enjoy your evening :)


xo Laura

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, laura, it's always such a pleasure visiting your place - truly! thank you for dropping by over here!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

i digressed - and failed to pay homage to the individual who inspired the writing of this - inspiration brought about with just the fewest of words but very kind and poignant ones which left me able to put together a few of my own such as they are - for this i thank you, blogger friend - merci' -

cornel said...

i love this global art, lyrics and image...the senses are pleased, the eyes are happy

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thank you cornel - such a sweet note - you know, i feel that way at your place! have a wonderful day and please come again!

Sandy said...

Love this post-words and picture! Just cool.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hi sandy - thanks so much for the comment - especially for coming by - have a wonderful remainder of the day -

Jo Potter said...

Hi,
Beautiful poem. Very passionate and magical. I think gypsies are sometimes seen as magical beings, which I think you have captured this really well in your poem. A lovely picture too.;)
Thank you for your visit and kind words.
Jo.x

GYPSYWOMAN said...

good morning jo - thanks for such a really nice note - i do love this photo - have no idea who did it but it's just mesmerizing to me - a certain quality about it that i love - thanks again for coming by - please drop over any time at all - and have a great day!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I am speechless...this is simply fabulous! Encore!!! ~Janine XO

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, i'm blushing now!!! thank you so very much! that really means a lot - it's so good to see you out and about over here, lady! you have a wonderful remainder of the day!

L'Adelaide said...

what a fabulous picture, it makes me wonder what and who she was...very evocative, to say the least...I love the words,
"the playground of what if"

cool, lady
xox

GYPSYWOMAN said...

great to have you over linda - i know exactly what you mean about the picture - she just screams SOMEthing, doesn't she? beautiful! thanks about the words thing - i like it too -- just need to write more so more words will come - you know the whole thing about creativity - anyway, thanks for dropping by - have a wonderful california day!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Jenean,

I'm not supposed to comment today, but you are just so very good and kind to me...leaving me such a wonderful comment...that I must stop by to thank you, and to send you my love! You are a terrific friend! I'm so very glad we met out here in this cyber world!!! ~Janine XO

GYPSYWOMAN said...

having found a kindred/spirit/sisterjenean such as you is really MY gain - i am humbled that you reached past your not commenting today to send me this note - thank you! take care and let your light shine on, sister!!!
:)