we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Thursday, October 31, 2013

the cosmic rite...


it was an ancient dream
borne in dark primal screams
of bones wrapped tight
in purest white
a thousand moons ago
last night
and the elders sat
in long black braids
neatly wrapped in wisdom’s ways
silent tongues speak
teaching me
the messenger comes
walls of snow
times four
then he walked tall
through the door
white on white on red
he was the one
the wise ones said
who came to me
to set me free
to take me home
no more my soul
to roam
and in his sight
i saw the light
it was an ancient dream
borne in dark primal screams
as spirits took flight
in cosmic rite
a thousand moons ago
last night
.
.
.

12 comments:

Pat said...

'neatly wrapped in wisdoms ways'
some great phrase there Jenean.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the way the ending and beginning roll into one.

Roger Gauthier said...

Both touching and disquieting. Poor girl. Some are lucky, but others…

Who said that the elders never made mistakes ?

A disquieting love poem with a happy ending.

Trish said...

Past life? That's how it resonates. Beautiful, Gypsy. Happy Halloween!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thanks so much, pat - you know, sometimes the words just write themselves - actually, that's how it is most of the time - including this time!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

most - if not all - things do circle round, don't they...thanks so much for dropping by, alex! so great to see you!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

it's always wonderful hearing from you, roger - your thoughtful comments brighten my day! thank you -

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, it seems so, as in "the bleeding" below, trish - some of my DNA channeling down, i think! :)

happy happy november!

A Plain Observer said...

it speaks to me of the end of life, when it comes to take us home. I might be totally off, but that's what I got out of it.

Anonymous said...

Jenean, I had to seek you out and what a lovely blog I find ... full of life ... and this love poem casts a strong spell. Charming.

Be well and poem on ...
Jamie Dedes

GYPSYWOMAN said...

i can understand how it might speak to one in those terms, observer - however, i think [for me, anyway] that it was more a thing of my finding my way back to my roots - finding my way home - feeling a part of the whole as i did in such a magical way at the time i had the dream and then saw in person the man who had visited me in my dream [which was in 1995] - thanks so very much for coming by and reading me! xx

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, how wonderful to have you find me, jamie! thank you so very much for your visit and especially for such kind words - i hope you'll come again soon - i don't post here as often as i used to but it's still important to me to keep on bloggin'! xxx