we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Saturday, October 17, 2009

my wild gypsy steed...



come to me my wild gypsy steed
neither reins nor bit to guide thee do I need
i’ll sit upon your coat of virgin white and blackest black
and mount myself upon your back
that bears me long and bears me well
and from this earth we shall dispel
i’ll hold your rippled mane
and taste the power within your frame
ride us high and ride us low
into the whirlwinds shall we flow
with fire and grace to spur us on
through the night and past the dawn

15 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thank you gg - i love horses and this one is exceptionally beautiful!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Ah, such images of pure freedom and delight! You are a master, my sister!! Simply lovely! ~Janine XO

GYPSYWOMAN said...

SO wonderful to see you up and at your keyboard, sisterjanine! don't you just love this horse! ALL horses! such magnificence! thanks for coming by - now, get some rest - and come again soon! peace and love - j

GYPSYWOMAN said...

OH, BE STILL MY HEART!!! BE STILL, I BEG YOU!!!!

DO YOU HEAR ME LAUGHING FROM THE FROZEN TUNDRA????

OMG, your wit!!!

please, more! more! please!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

i can't stop!!!
LOL LOL LOL!!!

and, please, sir, feel free to assume the privilege of laughing with or at me, as the case may require! i'm not fragile! well, only a little! :)

Unknown said...

What a strange horse.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

strange? i thought beautiful, trevor - ???

it's a gypsy horse - there may, of course, be another name, but i'm unsure of that -

GYPSYWOMAN said...

perhaps, different, i think, trevor -just wanted you to know i did know what you meant:)

do you have horses? and/or other animals?

L'Adelaide said...

i have never seen a horse painted in quite this fashion, he/she is beautiful as they always are in photos like this...wild and free...

today, I found the comment section to be almost as good as the poem!
xoxox

Stacey J. Warner said...

Yes, the comments were brilliant today...the poem was, well lets just say I'm fanning myself...

much love

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, dear, you girls, i'm blushing!!! and laughing out loud AGAIN!!! do you both hear me!!! well, just so glad to keep both you ladies entertained!!! luv u both!

Deboshree said...

Hey!
I saw you had dropped by my blog and came to take a peek at you.
And look at what I find!
Everything about you screams with life. Life is a celebration and I see that you enjoy it to the most.
I would like you to tell me more about past lives though.
You are sure are one person who knows the value and joy of complete freedom. Love that!

Love
Deboshree

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, how nice of you, deboshree, for such a sweet note! thank you very much! please feel free to follow along on this blog and on any of my other blogs should you be so inclined - past lives this life and future lives are but a few of the things you'll find here - and particularly at my travel journal blog - thanks again for coming by - see you soon!

Unknown said...

Only Hesper the dog.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

Abbot:

:)