we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

becoming...


when i let go
of who i am
i become
what i 
might be

13 comments:

Deboshree said...

Wow!! A thought to keep in mind!

Thanks for sharing Jenean!

Hope all is well with you, my friend!

Much love,
Deboshree

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Socrates taught us : No one is. Everyone is becoming. Like flames, we look like objects ... when we are in fact processes.

Thanks for visiting. I have been overwhelmed with work and with injuries to my body through work ... sigh ... why can't I be Clark Kent?

I promise to visit more often. Gypsy, my cat, gives you, her fellow namesake, a regal nod of the head. Princesses.
Roland

S. Susan Deborah said...

Let go
Let
go

Jenean, two words but very very powerful.

Miss you. Where do you disappear sometimes? Hope you are well :)

Joy and passion always,
Susan

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hello dear deboshree! how wonderful to see you again, lady! so what's going on with you - all good i hope!!! so glad you came by and please do again soon and whenever you can - miss you bunches!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

well, hello there roland! so great to see you here again - so sorry to hear of your physical ailments - and so understand as i've been under the weather a bit lately too and actually away from blogland for several weeks - in any event, i hope you are back to 100% of clark kent very very soon! my best to you and to sister gypsy!

oh, and love your socrates lesson - one for us all!!!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

dear dear susan - as always, your sweetness and light brighten my days - and i am so grateful for that - and also very sorry to be away as i do miss you and everyone when i am - am just on overload lately with some physical things and some issues with my children - plus i have two little ones now several days/nights a week - so i beg forgiveness and know that i do think of you and so look forward to your visits - namaste' -

Nevine Sultan said...

So lovely to be visiting you again, Jenean. I am here for my promised cup of tea... and any flavor will do... it is the company that counts, after all. I have been overwhelmed lately, and started to make my visits yesterday but then ran out of time. So, I will be lingering here a while. I see I have quite a bit of catching up to do, both here and at your other places. I will leave my marks in the sand... for you to read.

And what a lovely way to begin my visit here, with a sublime thought and a lovely photo. So very talented that Isadora Duncan... and died so tragically... but still I think it was quite romantic how she passed.

And off I go to my next lovely piece to read and enjoy at your campfire...

Nevine

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, dearest nevine! it really is so wonderful to have you back once more! and i'm thrilled you've dropped by - it's a sticky hot day so i thought a big glass of iced red zinger with an orange twist might be just the thing for a day like today - let's go out on the veranda and sit - and visit - here, take this wingback wicker rocker - and there's a japanese silk fan i love, it gets so warm here and there's no breeze today - don't you love the fragrance of those cape jasmine? i brought them here from louisiana, you know - i'm so glad you're here, now tell me all about what's been going on with you!

and yes, isadora, a woman extraordinaire for sure! and a woman for all times! i love her story too!

Anonymous said...

hello my beloved Cousin...just dropping in for a monent to leave a little footprint in your sand. I'm reminded of Anna Pavlova, the Russian prima-ballerina who so divinely danced the Swan....after having been told, when she was a child, that she was too short and didn't have the "body type" to be a ballerina, yet she became the world's most famous, and was lost too soon! Dancing....our souls' expressions of the harmonies of our universe. What a lovely thought and a lovely photo, as always from your little corner of the world. Hugs, from your Cuz in FL

GYPSYWOMAN said...

and you, cousin, how wonderful of you to drop in like this! always SO look forward to your visits! oh, yes, pavlova! what a woman! a dancer! and yes, lost far too soon! i took ballet when i was about 7 or so - loved it although like pavlova didn't really have the body type for it - but i did love it! however, leading the life of a gypsy caravan as we did, ballet lessons were not always possible - 6 weeks here, 8 weeks there - etc - ah, well, such is life! anyway, so glad you came by! have a fab remainder of the weekend, dear cousin!

Nicole said...

The eternal struggle, for me at least. So short and so powerful. I too have some catching up to do, so you may see me warming myself by your fires over the next few nights. Hope you are feeling better and staying cool.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, how wonderful to see you again, cole! i've been wondering of you - so glad you are here again - missed your visits!!! make yourself at home here - sit and browse as long as you like!

G said...

Hey lady!! I Love this and the words so much. Your blog always brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart!