we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

you wanted me...






you let me be
the things i’d long forgot
held me close untied the knots
without a scheme without a plot

you gave me back
who i was before
but didn’t know no more
the one who’d shut that door

you got me back on track
of who i used to be
who i was to me
the gypsy wild banshee

you wanted me

14 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Words and image fit perfectly together!!

L'Adelaide said...

the words and the piece of the painting go so well together, as you have already read in the above comment, whom i always seem to follow.. :)

nolde's art is very special and so i feel somewhat tortured to see it this way but then again, art is art, no? as always, sweet gypsy, very wonderful to read...a happy dance. xoxo

Zuzana said...

Beautiful - some people indeed bring out the best in us.;)
Happy Valentine's day dear friend,
xoxoxo

The Spiritual Hobo said...

Happy V from me to thee.
I know what you mean man.

SEMINARY HILL
There was a hill top
where I used to see,
all of my life's possibilities in front of me.
Four decades later,
I returned to see
that none of it, would ever be.

The Delaware River meanders gracefully down to the sea by journeying through the magnificently forested hills of The Catskills Mountains first. A lonesome train track follows it's meanderings, also heading south to the sea. I was 14 years old when I first climbed Seminary Hill and saw this splendid sight.

There was a 30-foot statue of Jesus Christ on a cross high up on Seminary Hill. The image was ghostly against blackening skies, even more so during lightning storms. The Castle-like Seminary was spread out over the level acreage at the bottom of The Hill. Below the Seminary, lies the Town Of Callicoon and The Delaware River.

I went way out of my way on a sunny day, about 6 or 7 years ago, to return to Seminary Hill, but I never anticipated the subsequent flood of emotions that resulted from looking down that river valley... and all of those years... again.

Quite accidentally, not long after my return to Seminary Hill, a former seminarian from my class was put in touch with me, and even though we were once very close friends, I couldn't place him when we met again. He had none of the looks, characteristics, or mannerisms of the person that I once knew. He was kind enough to bring me up to date regarding fellow mates and such, but as he talked, I looked into his unfamiliar eyes and felt like I was back up on Seminary Hill, again... searching for the guy that I once knew.

Calli said...

Yes, we are fortunate when someone comes along to once again make us feel alive. They infuse that essence we know of ourselves with fresh, new life.

Love is grand that way!
Hope your Valentine's day was filled with love, Gypsy.

lovely as always reading you~
Calli

mapstew said...

Come visit with me, I have a surprise for you! (Flutter, flutter!) :¬)

xxx

GYPSYWOMAN said...

OMG map! you are a sweetheart! and my own heart thanks you for the invite! i'm on my way! ;)

mapstew said...

Did you click? :¬)

xxx

Natasha Milburn Lalita (Novelist) said...

Beautiful moments to see in the eyes that adore Thee.

to be me, or not to be me
I said to he who truly saw me
he blinked, he pulled my hair
and kissed me like he care

GYPSYWOMAN said...

dear map - i have, indeed, now clicked, and wait only to be clicked in return! it's been far too long between clicks, has it not?!!

be still my waiting heart! ;)

you are such a dear dear friend, map!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

calli - oh, favored by the gods is more like it, to be so blessed as to have even one someone who grants us such love - truly a gift from the gods - to be cherished forever!

so great to see you, lady! hope your world is treating you well!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thank you trish! seems nolde's work fits so many of my pieces - i adore his work!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

lovelylinda, so wonderful to have you over, as always - and i've noticed how you seem to follow the macgregors, too! interesting! ;)

given the passion of nolde, i don't believe he will hold it against me when i take just a bit of one of his pieces apart from the main as i do so with a totally devoted and loving heart - he knows how i adore his work! ;) but i do understand what you mean nonetheless!

hope all is well with you and yours out there in beautiful californiacountry! ;)

GYPSYWOMAN said...

and hello there, lolita! oh, and your own words always add so much here - thank you, dear friend!

and you're right - how divine to look into eyes that see only you and see you with love for who you are - the real you - a divine treasure, for sure! ;)