we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - share our stories around the campfire - come along -

this site is simply a streamofconsciousness rambling of words and images in which i find meaning and beauty - there is no organized order of thought or format -
poetry painting and writing on love and life and things thereof from the heart and through the eyes of a louisiana gypsy spirit travelin' roads less traveled...enjoy -

THE GYPSYWOMAN WORLD

My photo
A...WOMAN IN MOTION WITH HAIR AS DARK AS NIGHT HER EYES WERE LIKE THAT OF A CAT IN THE DARK... SHE WAS A GYPSYWOMAN... she danced round and round... from the fire her face was all aglow... she was dancing... dancing... waiting for the RISING SUN... loving caring relationships are like THE RISING SUN...we are nourished by their warmth...we are energized by their strength...we grow in their light...we find shelter and solace there...they are our sanctuary... born in the sign of the sun, i am a true LEO-love the sun and its hot orange red fire-passionate in and about everything i do-i believe in instant chemistry charisma love/lust at first sight-in the magic of the eyes and the beauty of the soul-in the instant recognition familiarity in meeting someone from a past life and in the knowledge that we might meet in a future life-i believe that we are each ageless and flawless-i believe in the beauty of the moment-the whisper of yesterday-the hope of tomorrow-the power of forgiveness for even ourselves-the absolute and total beauty of love---[credit to brian hyland and curtis mayfield]

to dance with life

to dance with life
come dance with me...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

these bare walls...


bare walls
these bare walls
display now the fragments
of what was
the ribbons and colors of us
hanging dangling now in oblivion
as do we
brandishing about
our naked desires
exposing for us to see
the unseeable the invisible
the unthinkable
of life apart
each without the other
these barren walls
flaunt the fractures and fissures
of frigid reality
of my reality
our reality
these walls bare
my soul my spirit
my love my lust
your lust love
uncontrollable craving
carving striping away the shroud
of make believe
of what we wanted needed
of what could be
what we would be should be
leaving open and crusted now
my bleeding heart
bleeding weeping seeping
through the cracks and crevices
of life without color
without substance
life without you without us
without love
life without living

these walls bear
the crucifix of love defied
enduring all for love alone
these walls suffer
my sins your sins our sins
bearing the weight
of what we wanted what we took
in greed and gluttony
as if our shallow skeletons
would shatter without the oasis of us
these walls also bear
love defined love sublime
love in this life unlived unfulfilled
abiding the transcripts of time and place
bearing me bearing you into us
carrying into the next life
holding and carrying gently
love into that existence
bearing us both
until that morrow
when these walls
will no longer be
bare
.
.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can really see a house devoid of everything, especially love. Very sad.

Zuzana said...

So beautiful and poignant and I can so relate to this, as that is at times how I feel when I visit my old house...
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

GYPSYWOMAN said...

the house being the spirit the heart - devoid of all - especially love - so right, alex - and so very very sad -

GYPSYWOMAN said...

this is how i feel when i visit my thoughts of my love - now my former love[r] but always my love -

so glad you liked, zuzana - have a wonderful weekend there in that fabulous land!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Something is so wrong when something so good leaves us feeling so void and empty - I can so relate to these words. I want things to be good for the both of us, to feel that our cup is running over and not running empty. Maybe we will both feel what we once knew...once again.

Wishing you a safe and wonderful weekend, sweetie. xoxox

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes - me, too, dear friend - me, too - for things to be good for both of us - cups running over - feeling having what we once knew - again - here's to that for us both! ;)
and you, a wonderful weekend too - this one should be interesting to say the least! will be singing IRENE GOODNIGHT sunday night! ;) hugs, dear lady, hugs!

nyssa said...

Incredible. Beautiful. This stirs me to my toes. I can relate so strongly to this. I've read it quite a few times ;) Such a gifted woman you are!
xo

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thanks so much dear lady! so glad it touches you - it was written so many years ago but remains vital in its own way - thanks so much for such kind words! have a wonderful weekend!